Vita-D-Chlor Tablets provide Vitamin C dechlorination of potable water in a convenient tablet form. Vita-D-Chlor Tablets immediately and completely neutralize both chlorine and chloramines without impacting dissolved oxygen levels. They are safer to handle and more environmentally friendly than traditional sulfite-based dechlorination chemicals. Best-suited for field dechlorination applications.
- Active ingredient – Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Tablets measure 2 5/8" in diameter by 1" thick and weigh 115g
- Rapidly neutralizes both chlorine and chloramines
- One tablet neutralizes 1 ppm of chlorine in 8,500 gallons of water
- Dissolve rate is about 2 - 3 grams per minute in a flow of approximately 5 gallons per minute
- Does not change the pH of potable water when properly dosed and treating chlorine levels of less than 5 ppm
- Ideal for use with most hydrant flushing devices
- Commonly used for hydrant flushing, water main installations and maintenance, reservoir and tank draining
- Equipment suitable for use with our tablets includes: ZDe-Chlorinator NEMA devices, LPD-250, Hydro-Hitch/Aqua-D-Chlor, mats, socks and more
Vita-D-Chlor Tablets dissolve more rapidly than sulfite-based tablets. If you are new to our tablets and planning to use them with your existing equipment, some adaptations may be required.
We want you to be happy with our product, so please give us a call if you have any questions.