The original Vita-D-Chlor provides for vitamin c-based dechlorination of potable water and is NSF certified to Standard 60. Safer and more environmentally friendly than traditional sulfite-based chemicals, Vita-D-Chlor immediately and completely neutralizes both chlorine and chloramines without impacting dissolved oxygen levels.
The original Vita-D-Chlor is a granular material that is mixed into solution and used with a liquid feed device. Solutions up to 10% concentration can easily be made in the field. Higher concentrations are possible when warm water and mixing capabilities are available. Solutions of 5 to 10% have good stability for about two weeks without appreciable degradation. Best-suited for field dechlorination applications.
- Active ingredient – Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Rapidly neutralizes both chlorine and chloramines
- One pound neutralizes 1 ppm of chlorine in 45,000 gallons of water
- Easily soluble for concentrations up to 10% (1 lb per gallon)
- 100% organic
- Does not change the pH of potable water when properly dosed and treating chlorine levels up to 10 ppm. Noticeable drop in pH occurs when neutralizing concentrations above 100 ppm.
- Commonly used for hydrant flushing, water main installations and maintenance, reservoir and tank draining
- Perfect for dechlorination with a venturi or metering pump
- Suitable for use with the Romac Transmate deChlorinator. Also works with the H2O Neutralizer, Bazooka liquid feed device, Mazzei Pipeline Dechlorinator, Baker Chemical Injector, Five Star Multidirectional Hydrant Diffuser, custom drip setup, metering pump.